Welcome to the wonderful world of wine!
DP Foundation Wine Course
- Study the basic types of wine you’ll find around the world.
- Learn how to taste wine and consider quality.
- Receive tips and tricks for buying wine, making the best wine selections as well as pairing wine and food.
- Learn how to make wine part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Gain a footing in the world of wine so you can explore more!
DP Intermediate Wine Course (inc. WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits)
- Learn how wine is made and other factors influencing wine styles
- Understand the key white and black grape varieties
- Understand the key wine-producing countries and regions of the world
- Study the main sparkling, sweet and fortified wines, as well as spirits and liqueurs
- Understand label terminology
- Understand food and wine matching
- Learn how to taste wine, using the Systematic Approach to Tasting (WSET Level 2)
DP Advanced Wine Course (inc. WSET Level 3 Award in Wines)
- Gain advanced-level knowledge of all aspects of wine production
- Study how key factors affect the style, price and quality of wines
- Involves in-depth study of wine-producing countries and regions of the world
- Offers greater coverage of sparkling wines, sweet wines and fortified wines
- Understand global label terminology
- Consider service and storage of wine and advanced level food-and-wine matching
- Learn how to blind-taste wine using the Systematic Approach to Tasting (WSET Level 3)
WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines
- Learn about every aspect of wine through comprehensive WSET factors for Diploma-level
- Gain Diploma-level understanding of viticulture and vinification
- Understand the global wine business, studying global trends and honing your analytical skills
- In-depth study of the world’s major sparkling wines
- In-depth study of the world’s major fortified wines
- Develop invaluable experience in the critical assessment of wine through higher-level tastings and Diploma-level theory exercises
DP Focus Wine Courses
- Short, but concentrated wine-themed courses
- Gain the opportunity to approach wine in different ways.
- Free from the pressure of exams!
- Be exposed to wines perhaps you’ve never tasted before.
For me, wine is a happy thing. If I can gain knowledge, make friends and even set myself some goals while tasting wine, it can be even more fun! With Dragon Phoenix, I was fortunate to have all of these come true. Thank you!
I started the two-year WSET Level 4 Diploma course in September 2015. I am very fortunate to have learnt about wine from Fongyee and Edward – especially in regards to blind-tasting and wine business knowledge – because if you only count on yourself it will be a long process of accumulation. Also, in the selection of wine, Dragon Phoenix is very conscientious. They always try to use some typical but sometimes hard-to-find wines and many wines have been brought by educators when they travelled abroad. Dragon Phoenix’s logistics are, frankly, perfect. Ding Li (we call her “Boss Ding”), who is Dragon Phoenix’s WSET Level 4 Course Co-ordinator, works really hard to help everyone customize their study plans so that we have no worries and can concentrate on the exam. Every time exam results come out, she will inform us straight away. I must say, in the two years of studying, Boss Ding's emails and WeChat messages are my most anticipated things! Finally, I feel that my biggest motivation in learning WSET Level 4 is the inspiration from Fongyee and Edward and their attitude towards wine. After I passed the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines, my curiosity about wine became even stronger and I am now eager to continue learning even more.
In 2017, I came to Dragon Phoenix to study. I started right at the beginning, then did the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits and then the WSET Level 3 Awards in Wines. I took part in numerous small courses also. Not only have I met a group of professional teachers and friends, but I have also gained great professional knowledge. With this, I am determined to step into the wine industry!
I am a Vice President of a liquor franchising company. In 2017, I was very fortunate to study at Dragon Phoenix and have gone from being a total beginner to a WSET Level 3 Award in Wines holder, passing with ‘Distinction’. I am very thankful to Dragon Phoenix as I have gained a lot! As I work in wine selection, I am very aware of the importance of wine professionalism and developing a systematic understanding of wine. But this was something in which I felt a lack of experience. Dragon Phoenix has helped put me in the right direction and find the perfect solution. The systematic learning and training at Dragon Phoenix has helped me a lot in my work in wine selection. All my thanks to Dragon Phoenix, to Fongyee, Xing Wei, Liu Chang and Tang Zhu.
It’s been just two years since I started learning about wine! Transformed from a beginner to a super-fan; from enjoying simple self-study to exploring the professionally structured training at Dragon Phoenix; from feeling an emotional connection with wine, then developing a systematic way of studying and tasting. I learnt everything with passion and have become more professional too! This has provided me the opportunity to understand more advanced information about wine, even though there is always more to learn. If you really love wine, you should know that, thanks to the WSET and Dragon Phoenix's education programs, more people in China are now coming into the wine world with a professional and serious attitude!