Welcome to the wonderful world of wine!
DP Foundation Wine Course
- Study the basic types of wine you’ll find around the world.
- Learn how to taste wine and consider quality.
- Receive tips and tricks for buying wine, making the best wine selections as well as pairing wine and food.
- Learn how to make wine part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Gain a footing in the world of wine so you can explore more!
DP Intermediate Wine Course (inc. WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits)
- Learn how wine is made and other factors influencing wine styles
- Understand the key white and black grape varieties
- Understand the key wine-producing countries and regions of the world
- Study the main sparkling, sweet and fortified wines, as well as spirits and liqueurs
- Understand label terminology
- Understand food and wine matching
- Learn how to taste wine, using the Systematic Approach to Tasting (WSET Level 2)
DP Advanced Wine Course (inc. WSET Level 3 Award in Wines)
- Gain advanced-level knowledge of all aspects of wine production
- Study how key factors affect the style, price and quality of wines
- Involves in-depth study of wine-producing countries and regions of the world
- Offers greater coverage of sparkling wines, sweet wines and fortified wines
- Understand global label terminology
- Consider service and storage of wine and advanced level food-and-wine matching
- Learn how to blind-taste wine using the Systematic Approach to Tasting (WSET Level 3)
WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines
- Learn about every aspect of wine through comprehensive WSET factors for Diploma-level
- Gain Diploma-level understanding of viticulture and vinification
- Understand the global wine business, studying global trends and honing your analytical skills
- In-depth study of the world’s major sparkling wines
- In-depth study of the world’s major fortified wines
- Develop invaluable experience in the critical assessment of wine through higher-level tastings and Diploma-level theory exercises
DP Focus Wine Courses
- Short, but concentrated wine-themed courses
- Gain the opportunity to approach wine in different ways.
- Free from the pressure of exams!
- Be exposed to wines perhaps you’ve never tasted before.
I am a Vice President of a liquor franchising company. In 2017, I was very fortunate to study at Dragon Phoenix and have gone from being a total beginner to a WSET Level 3 Award in Wines holder, passing with ‘Distinction’. I am very thankful to Dragon Phoenix as I have gained a lot! As I work in wine selection, I am very aware of the importance of wine professionalism and developing a systematic understanding of wine. But this was something in which I felt a lack of experience. Dragon Phoenix has helped put me in the right direction and find the perfect solution. The systematic learning and training at Dragon Phoenix has helped me a lot in my work in wine selection. All my thanks to Dragon Phoenix, to Fongyee, Xing Wei, Liu Chang and Tang Zhu.
In 2017, I came to Dragon Phoenix to study. I started right at the beginning, then did the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits and then the WSET Level 3 Awards in Wines. I took part in numerous small courses also. Not only have I met a group of professional teachers and friends, but I have also gained great professional knowledge. With this, I am determined to step into the wine industry!
Studying for and completing the WSET Diploma Award in Wines and Spirits at Dragon Phoenix was not a particularly difficult experience, but it was never easy! Fongyee’s analysis of the WSET Level 4 Diploma course structure is very important and highlighted to me how, although each unit is independent, the learning is holistic. Xing Wei also provided some support with exam answering skills, which was very helpful and allowed us to understand exam strategy better.
Dragon Phoenix’s ‘Wine Wednesday’ series has been running for more than 100 classes and almost no duplicate topics can be found! For wine lovers, the small class does not have the pressure of exams but instead enables the opportunity to learn about and taste wines from all over the world at a reasonable price! I highly recommend this for all wine lovers!
Learning at Dragon Phoenix is the most enjoyable educational experience I have ever been part of! The classroom atmosphere is active and comfortable; and, most importantly, the educators have super-professional knowledge and advanced teaching skills. Not to forget the great wine selections and study materials too! Dragon Phoenix is truly the top wine educational institution in China! Fongyee, Xing Wei, Liu Chang, Gus Zhu, Liao Sang… each educator has their own style, distinct personality and clear thinking! They are my wine family in Beijing. Love you guys!